Dallas Wayne @Willie’s Road House (Sirus/XM radio)

dallastexas

We invaded the Sirius/XM radio station downstairs in the Austin City Live building, before the NYE concert in Austin to visit with Dallas Wayne. Always a treat to hang out with Dallas, and watch him work. Once again, Sirius/XM Radio broadcast Willie Nelson & Family’s NYE show.

39 Responses to “Dallas Wayne @Willie’s Road House (Sirus/XM radio)”

1. ken overman says:

love your show you and bouncing cans off juke box just heard tony booth keys in mail box and you mention him being on buck Owens show. I have always thought that don rich was singing on that

2. Brian says:

Dallas,

I love your show! Personally, I come from the world of late 1970s punk and Newwave

I don’t have much of a taste for contemporary country but I absolutely adore “the old stuff”… Like most of you folks say… When country was country

I’m trying to find a song that I heard played on your show if you months back

I know it’s a shot in the dark but any chance you would know a song sung by a male singer where the lyrics go something like she walks into the front door and I walk in through the back door or…..you walk backwards well I wanlk forwards… I know it’s not much to go on

I’m dying to remember that song and I just can’t seem to place it

Thanks for keeping it real!

Brian

3. Mark says:

Alway like the show on the farm in New Hampshire
    Great selections
    How about Dick Curless. “A tombstone every mile

4. darlene says:

always enjoy your music…@ Howe, Indiana!!!

5. JACK MCDANIEL says:

dallas :

6. JACK MCDANIEL says:

dallas : Iove your show ( willies roadhouse ) , but how about including some records by the ” confederate railroad “. Good cuts , such as …… 1 ) she took it like a man or long gone or time off for good behavior or black label / white lies .
    they are all good and seem to fit ” willies roadhouse .

7. Bill judkins says:

I heard a song by hank Thompson and George strait on your show ,I believe it was a six pack to.was that an album. If so the name of it. I would like to own it
    Thanks. Bill judkins. Des Moines. Iowa

8. LindaLee says:

You need to contact radio station directly. I am just a blogger; not connected. Thanks. Linda

9. Connie Gregory says:

Love your music. It’s real country don’t listen to so called country music of today. I’m from Oregon, sounds like not having good weather. We’re having high 50’s to low 60’s weather here. Thank you for playing the true country music

10. Don Trowbridge says:

Hi,
    I listen to your program and Willie’s Roadhouse at home, in my shop, and on the road. My question is why don’t we ever hear Gary P. Nunn songs? He certainly is country and a Texan through & through. Is his music banned for some reason?
    Keep up the good work!
    Regards,
    Don

11. KIM GREENE says:

Love willies place…. what ever happened to James Hand songs
    I never hear them anymore? Could you play them? Thank you

12. Ray Lavallee says:

Love the old tunes, love to listen to your program. If you cac play the songs. Blue and the wayward wind. In the mean tim I will sit back the great music.

13. Samuel Millheim says:

I have been listing to you alll for years but have never heard
    Conway Twetty s TIGHT FITTING JEANS. ,That is my wife
    and me our song. Can you PLEASE play it.

Samuel R Millheim
    Yerington Nevada

14. Caroline Hardy says:

Love listening to Roadhouse. But I would like to hear some more variety. i.e., more Tompal Glazer and the brothers (especially their rendition of Faded Love)
    and more Jerry Lee Lewis — the country side not Great Balls of Fire or Chantilly Lace. Jerry had some great honky-tonk numbers.

Thank you for letting me sound off.

15. Shirley Glidden says:

Dallas I love your show and listen to you all the time. I live in Florida. I was wondering if you could play more of Bobby Flores please? He is awesome. Thank you so much!

16. Jeanie Shelton says:

You are one of the most talented musicians. We saw you on Liberty of the Seas in February! Would love to we you in person, again.

17. Ted Hynes says:

Just heard “Gwen”. Are you kidding me? Without question the BEST thing you have ever done. This MUST be played at full volume. What a treat.

Ted Hynes
    San Diego, Ca

18. Julia Snead says:

“ I Crawl the Line” infant T-shirt is a Punkster LLC product found at

19. dave rundle says:

I am looking where I can buy Mel Street CDs.

20. Anonymous says:

I am looking to buy Mel Street CDs I live in Wpg. Man. Canada

21. Lisa Overby says:

Would you please play Justin Trevino for my birthday today! Love your program and listen to it everyday.

22. Brian says:

Merry Xmas Dallas

Could you please play music by Emi Sunshine , she plays great old school music and I and my family would love to hear her on willies roadhouse

Sincerely
    Brian Shane

23. Rick Deusser says:

Hi Dallas W….seen you in Tyler and Corsicana…good music and performance…A BIG APPRECIATION to you and Willie for keeping RAY PRICE alive…many-many thanks…He was and still is the greatest (sorry Willie) but I hope you’ll agree…How come I never hear (Texas) Johnny Duncan’s music at Willie’s RH?…sure love him even though he has gone to the great jukebox in the sky…I spoke with one of his daughters years back…she was a real delight to talk to…

24. dennis stanley says:

love your show listen every day and you are a great artist yourself i am from spotsylvania va

25. Anonymous says:

2 dollars in the jukebox–
    Statue Of A Fool
    Almost Persuaded
    El Paso
    Crazy
    Rednecks. White Sox and PBR
    Good Ole Boys Like Me
    Silver Wings
    Im So Lonesome I could Cry
    found a few more quarters
    The King is Gone
    Sunday Morning Coming Down
    Old Dogs, Children, Watermelon Wine
    Another Place, Another Time

26. Dorothy says:

Hello Dallas

I just wanted to mention that I love hearing the song by Tom T Hall
    “I love” as it reminds me of my younger brother who lived a tragic life and
    died the same. But as a young boy he was so happy-go-lucky. And he liked
    the song. Whenever I hear it I like to think he is saying “hello, and all is well”

Thank you for playing it.

27. Lee Sechrist says:

Dallas, My name is Lee Sechrist I am the A&R person for Gary Don Music Group in Waxahachie, Texas. I would like permission to send you a song for your review. You can contact me at lee.sechrist@hajoca.com.
    Regards
    Lee Sechrist
    Gary Don Smith Music Group

28. Jimmy Webb says:

PLEASE!!!! Play “Not A Dry Eye In The House”, by Dallas Wayne. This is the type of country music I grew up with. Simply love it!

29. james filyaw says:

dear mr wayne my name is james i am 73 and live in desoto tx i want to sy thank you for your efforts and that of your band of coharts for their efforts to play my music. thank the honorale mayor of music row mr. charlie monk. mike terry paula nelson and one my queens of country music jeannie seely. i have rediscovered so much of my music through willie roadhouse thank mr nelson for his efforts. i could give alist of my favorites but it would two pages. remember a day w ithout tony booth dallas wayne is a day without sunshine.

30. John Le Page says:

Hi Dallas,

Please can you help me, on Tuesday you played a song that explains what is a wife. It starts with a daughter who is getting married asking her father What is a wife. This is the second time I have heard it and reminds so much of my wife I want to insert the words in her Birthday card in December.

Thank you so much for your and everybody else at Willie’s roadhouse.
    John
    PS Now live in Bluffton SC BUT originally from a small island called Guernsey, I am sure some of your friends at Farmaid will have heard of a breed of dairy cattle called Guernseys.

31. Berta Pettis says:

We sent you an email several weeks ago about playing Gene Autry. When watching Ken Burns Country episodes, on the segment with Willie, Willie mentioned the 3 singers he most identified with. One was Gene Autry, another Johnny Cash, and I can’t recall who the 3rd one was. But at that time, we had never heard Gene Autry songs played on Willie’s Roadhouse – until yesterday! Obviously, we were thrilled to hear him. So, thank you very much!

Berta Pettis &
    Steve Checkosky

32. Alberta Pettis says:

Dallas,
    I went with my good friend, Steve Checkosky, yesterday (Jan. 3) for his MRI. I told him they would ask him what music he would want played during the procedure. He asked for Willie’s Roadhouse, amidst all the banging and clanging of the MRI! And Gene Autry’s “Yellow Rose of Texas” was played! That’s the first thing Steve said to me when he came out of the procedure! Terrific! Thanks again!

Berta Pettis
    Steve Checkosky

33. Tony Smith says:

Having been a picker all my adult life….way over sixty years, I have always loved hearing kicks that the great musicians in Nashville, Texas, California etc. dream up on sessions. But obviously you love hearing your own voice much more.
    I know you’ll never stop talking over the kicks…I can only imagine how you sound at the dinner table asking for a piece of bread.

I’ll keep listening because it’s about all we have.

34. Julia Stone says:

Trying to enter Born and Raised contest but we are on our daughters account! How can I enter! Julia Stone 157 Moorhead Manor, NAPLES, Fl 34112 Phone 239-961-2950 and leave message!

35. Susan Stokes says:

Love your comments about the artists and songs, lyrics, etc. would you please play The Bible by George Jones? Thank you!

36. Cliff Farr says:

About 3pm Eastern Standard Time you mentioned that Cracker Barrel had a Roy Acuff / George Jones CD. I checked with a store in Lansing Michigan and they don’t even have one in their catalog. Clearly I misunderstood you. Please clarify because I’d love to have it!

37. Arlene Caple says:

Do you have a song by The Derailes Play Me the Waltz of The Angels?

38. David W Poole says:

Hey Dallas, really dig your insights. I’m David Poole from Norfolk Virginia. Like Elvis said “left my home in Norfolk Virginia “. Can you please play Patsys “Blue Moon of Kentucky “. Thanks

39. Lorne Mercer says:

I just wanna say thank you dollas for mentioning us people that are still suffering from addictions I myself have been clean for 13 years and I just want to say thank you and people who know it is a one day at a time thing sometimes it’s a 1 minute at a time