by: Craig Hlavaty
More details were released on Wednesday regarding the upcoming duets album from country legends Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard.
“Django and Jimmie” will hit physical and digital shelves on June 2, according to a press release from Nelson’s camp Wednesday morning.
The title of the album refers to Django Reinhardt and Jimmie Rodgers, two of the major musical heroes for Nelson and Haggard.
This will be Nelson’s sixth studio album in the past two years since signing with record label Legacy Recordings in early 2012.
His first album with Haggard, “Pancho & Lefty,” was released more than 32 years ago in January 1983.
Haggard told Rolling Stone that the album took less than a week to record.
Haggard was last in the Houston area on April 1, playing a set at the Redneck Country Club in Stafford. Nelson played a sold-out date at the Houston House of Blues in November 2014. There is always the possibility they could return to the Bayou City and play the same stage if we wish hard enough.
The “Django and Jimmie” track listing is as follows:
- “Django and Jimmie” – written by Jimmy Melton and Jeff Prince
- “It’s All Going to Pot” – written by Buddy Cannon, Jamey Johnson and Larry Shell
- “Unfair Weather Friend” – written by Marla Cannon-Goodman and Ward Davis
- “Missing Ol’ Johnny Cash” – written by Merle Haggard
- “Live This Long” – written by Shawn Camp and Marv Green
- “Alice in Hulaland” – written by Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon
- “Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright” – written by Bob Dylan
- “Family Bible” – written by Walter M. Breeland, Paul F. Buskirk, and Claude Gray
- “It’s Only Money” – written by Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon
- “Swinging Doors” – written by Merle Haggard
- “Where Dreams Come To Die” – written by Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon
- “Somewhere Between” – written by Merle Haggard
- “Driving The Herd” – written by Willie Nelson and Buddy Cannon
- “The Only Man Wilder Than Me” – written by Merle Haggard